The history of Austevoll Seafood ASA (AUSS) is strongly rooted in Austevoll, Norway. The island’s heritage, where historically fishing has been the main industry, has created a culture of competitiveness, business savvy and always hard working. Our beginning can be traced back to Austevoll Havfiske AS, a company established in 1981 by Helge Møgster, Ole Rasmus Møgster and their father. Over the last decade, AUSS has acquired a significant number of companies of a complementary nature to its existing business areas.
Today, AUSS includes the ownership and operation of fishing vessels (both pelagic and white fish), fishmeal plants, canning plants, freezing plants, salmon farming, and marketing and sales. The Group has its main locations in Norway, UK, Peru and Chile.
See our company overview
See our value chain
See our timeline
Completion and launch of new trawler «Kongsfjord» for Lerøy Havfisk
- Completion of LSG smolt facility at Kjærelva in Vestland
- The subsidiary Br. Birkeland AS sold the company Maron AS
- Additional vessel bought for Chile by FoodCorp
- Lerøy Seafood Group started building one of the world's largest smolt facilities at Kjærelva in Hordaland, Norway.
- Pelagia AS acquired 100% ownership of Epax Norway AS.
- Lerøy Seafood Group ASA acquired 100% ownership of Havfisk ASA and Norway Seafood Group AS.
- Reduced ownership in Lerøy Seafood Group to 52.69%
- Austral Group S.A.A took over the new technologically advanced fishing vessel "Don Ole"
- Lerøy Seafood Group ASA became a significant producer of cleaner fish
- Pelagia Holding AS was established
- Villa Organic AS demerged and Lerøy Seafood Group ASA's share fully consolidated into Lerøy Seafood Group ASA. As a result of the demerger Lerøy Aurora has right of disposal of additional eight new licenses
- Increased ownership in Norway Pelagic Holding AS from 43.3% to 100.0%
- Acquired 49.43% of the shares in Villa Organic AS (via Lerøy Seafood Group ASA)
- Increased ownership in Welcon Invest AS from 50% to 100%
- Austevoll Seafood ASA and Kvefi AS (controlled by Kverva AS) announced the agreement to merge activities within pelagic fishmeal, fish oil and consumer products in Europe. (Transaction was completed in January 2014, Pelagia Holding AS (ex. Pelagia AS) was established.)
- Acquired 50% of the share capital of Hordafor AS (via Welcon Invest AS)
- Acquired 50.1% of the shares in Rode Beheer B.V (via Lerøy Seafood Group ASA)
- Increased ownership in Norway Pelagic Holding AS from 33.27% to 43.3%
- Increased ownership in Br Birkeland AS from 40.2% to 49.99%
- Acquired 33.27% of the share capital of Norway Pelagic Holding AS
- Sold the entire shareholding of Epax Holding AS
- Acquired 50.1% of Sjøtroll Havbruk AS (via Lerøy Seafood Group ASA)
- Austevoll Seafood ASA and Origin Enterprises PLC combined their Norwegian (Welcon Group) and UK/Irish (UFI Group) fishmeal- and oil business
- Decreased ownership in Lerøy Seafood Group ASA to 63.7%
- Completed private placement for a total of 18,400,000 new shares
- Increased ownership in Lerøy Seafood Group ASA to 74.93%
- Acquisition of 100% of Epax AS, Norway
- Sale of the salmon business to Lerøy Seafood Group ASA
-Acquisition of 50% of Corporacion Del Mar S.A. in Peru
- Acquisition of 89.26% of Austral Group S.A.A in Peru
- Acquisition of 100% of Welcon Invest AS in Norway
- Increased ownership in Br Birkeland AS to 40.2%
- Infusion of approx NOK 2.3 billion of new capital through a share issue
- Listed on Oslo Stock Exchange’s main list
- Acquisition of 100% of Foodcorp S.A in Chile
- Acquisition of 100% of Veststar AS, Norway
- Acquisition of 35.8% of the shares in Br Birkeland AS, Norway
- Entered into pelagic wild catch in Chile, and started expanding within the pelagic wild catch in Norway
- Company established by the brothers Helge and Ole Rasmus Møgster, together with their father Alf Møgster